Full Time - Sarasota Office
Are you looking for a leadership role that will not only utilize your skills and provide you with a fast-paced, challenging career but that also makes a difference? Take Care Advisor (TCA) is looking for an experienced RN manager to join our in-office, Monday through Friday team.
Navigating today’s health care system is for anyone a complex challenge due to the many unrelated providers, services, alternatives, and insurance programs that comprise the health care industry. Take Care Advisor is here to help clients and their families manage the complexities of life with professional guidance addressing health, independence, and peace of mind.
The qualified candidate will provide leadership for TCA operations and will be responsible for the oversight and management of professional staff and daily operations.
Do you have:
- Education and experience in case management and/or discharge planning; and management?
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office preferred) and the ability to utilize technology tools effectively?
- Ability to effectively pivot between varied and frequently changing tasks, work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently?
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities?
- Excellent people skills including the ability to respond to issues and concerns tactfully and professionally; and maintain composure under pressure?
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail?
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership and management skills including effective communications, conflict resolution, confidentiality, employee engagement, coaching, and ability to drive results.
- Knowledge of the local health care system (physicians, hospitals, assisted living communities, skilled care facilities, Medicare/Medicaid, clinics, resource centers, etc.), adept at facilitating health care coordination.
- Skilled in assessing client needs and identifying resources and solutions.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills using business acumen including the ability to use sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities, work collaboratively and make appropriate decisions.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, writing and computer skills, assertiveness, professionalism, and a positive, upbeat, and patient disposition.
- Able to establish credible and trusted relationships with clients, family, other designees, and health care providers.
- Able to relate easily and compassionately with older adults and families, provide non-directive leadership to guide client’s decision-making, facilitate constructive relationships, and mediate and resolve conflict.
- Able to navigate clearly and discern accurately the boundaries of one’s role: as an enabler of the actions and decisions of others, not the decision-maker, as a facilitator of health care, not a provider.
- Discreet, ethical, careful in safeguarding confidentiality per HIPAA including the ability to establish trust and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills including the ability and flexibility to manage multiple and/or changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in working within different computer programs (Microsoft, EMR, etc.) and have the ability to utilize technology tools in order to effectively manage work processes
- Ability to handle stress and stressful situations.
Required Education & Experience:
- 5 to 7 years experience in case management and/or discharge planning. RN experience preferred.
- Supervisor/Manager experience, 3 or more years preferred.
- Case and/or Care Management certification preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with applicable master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with geriatric patients desired.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervision & Management of the Take Care Advisor Team
- As directed, will provide supervision of Geriatric Care Managers and the services provided to clients utilizing professionalism and leadership skills.
- Practice clear and concise communication with senior leadership and TCA team to ensure optimum operations of TCA and exemplary care to clients. This includes communication with applicable Take Care Home Health RNs, Clinical Directors and Clinical Services Administrator.
- Commitment to implementing Take Care’s mission to clients.
- Exercise positive motivation and an engaging work environment for TCA Team.
- Provide feedback and guidance to Geriatric Care Managers and participate in performance evaluations and goals.
- Apply sense of urgency and prioritization to all tasks and seek guidance from senior leadership.
- Maintenance of the TCA Training Guide
- Work with President to continue to refine and document TCA process and procedures
- Geriatric Care Manager Duties, as needed
- Business Development
- Potential Clients/New Services
- Potential client meetings/phone calls
- Tracking and follow up with potential clients
- Participation in marketing/community events as directed by senior leadership/President
- Fostering relationships with referral sources, physicians, facilities, clients, clients’ families, etc.
- Potential Clients/New Services
- Participation in on-call supervisory responsibilities (Making phone calls, monitoring emails and when needed, going out to visit clients); minimum 2 weeks per month (including weekends)
- Business Operations
- Oversee the monthly billing review process to ensure Care Management activities are accurate as the tasks are translated to invoices.
- Oversight of the Care Managers’ client purchases, mileage reimbursements, etc.
- Working under the direction of the President, support the organizational vision and mission and assist in the development of TCA’s long-term strategy.
- Work with the President on developing and implementing any changes to process, forms, reporting, etc.
- Align department goals and processes with organization strategy including developing and maintaining standards that emphasize the best possible quality in geriatric.