What Does “Care Management” Really Mean?
Because we truly believe “Everyone Deserves the Best in Care,” the Take Care team provides personalized services designed with our client's quality of life, peace of mind, and well-being as our top priorities.
In 2008, we created Take Care Advisor as an extension of nursing services offered through Take Care Private Duty Home Health Care.
Here are a few real-life examples of how Take Care Advisor supports clients and their loved ones.
- How often have you experienced something in your own health and AFTER you leave the doctor’s office, think of a key question you wish you asked? RN Care Managers accompany clients to appointments to help ask important questions and ensure a client understands their diagnosis, plan of care, and any required follow-up.
- Speaking of follow-up, scheduling labs, sorting out insurance requirements, scheduling labs, or navigating referrals to new specialists can be exhausting. RN Care Managers can take on the heavy lifting of these tasks to make sure their clients’ schedule - and health - stays on track.
- “Benefits” don’t always feel beneficial when trying to sift through complicated coverage options. RN Care Managers help clients work through the fine print of their health, prescription, visual, dental, and long-term care insurance or Medicare benefits.
- Refilling prescriptions isn’t always a breeze. Is a particular pharmacy required to dispense a new drug? Should you explore a generic pill? RN Care Managers help make sense of your doctor’s orders and prescription plans.
- It can be overwhelming to receive a new or changing diagnosis. RN Care Managers help clients cut through medical jargon and share updates with loved ones if directed by the client.
- Modern medicine is a miracle, but not free of frustration. RN Care Managers help clients by making support calls to troubleshoot issues with diabetic technology or other medical devices.
- Chemotherapy and radiation can take a physical and emotional toll. RN Care Managers support clients with cancer throughout their treatment and liaison with their medical team.
- Sometimes it may feel like the right-hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing when different doctors weigh in about specific issues. RN Care Managers proactively connect the dots and bridge communication between medical providers.
- It can be worrisome to notice a grandparent’s mental decline, or difficult to take action quickly if living conditions become safe for you, your parents, or other loved ones. RN Care Managers offer an independent voice, education, and advocacy for a client’s wishes as we all navigate the complexities of aging.
If you can relate to any of these scenarios, or you are attempting to navigate other aspects of your health which would benefit from a medical advocate by your side, please contact the Take Care Advisor team. We look forward to connecting with you to learn more about your situation and explore how we can help.