On Monday, April 11, 2011, you will be given a unique opportunity to sit in a room with seven prestigious and successful women from our area. Please join us on the campus of University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee as we welcome working women (Women in Leadership & Philanthropy) who will share their past, discuss present areas of concern, and will build hope for our future.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Eugenie Clark (Founding Director of Mote Marine Laboratory)
- Amanda Evora (USFSM Student, Olympic Figure Skater)
- Esperanza Gamboa (Coordinator, Adult & Youth Migrant Programs, Manatee Technical Institute)
- Barbara A. Harvey (Manatee County School Board)
- Gwen M. MacKenzie (President and CEO of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System)
- Simone Peterson (USFSM Student, Dept. of Neighborhood Services, Manatee County Government)
- Courtney Wise Snyder, MSG, CMC (President, Take Care Home Health & Take Care Advisor, LLC)
Location: Selby Auditorium at USF Sarasota-Manatee, 8350 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. To register for this free event, please call: 941.359.4602. Doors open at 9 a.m. and event starts at 9:30 a.m.
About Courtney R. Wise, MSG, Executive Director of Take Care Advisor, LLC
As Executive Director for Take Care Advisor in Sarasota, Florida, Courtney coordinates and facilitates daily office operations among the Take Care Advisor‘s Geriatric Care Managers and their clients. She is involved with the strategic planning and implementation of office procedures, from billing and accounting to marketing and communications.
Take Care Advisor provides geriatric care management services that are non-medical and our health care managers holistically support an older adult’s health and well-being situation. Take Care Advisor services include professional geriatric care assessments, health insurance reviews, and a HIPAA compliant, up-to-date, and sophisticated care plan. Take Care Advisor acts as the client advocate and liaison between clients and their families. Courtney, along with the Take Care Advisor team, attends various expos and functions in efforts to educate the community on the benefits of having a health care advocate.
Courtney is an active member of the Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce and the Young Professional Group in addition to volunteering for Big Brothers|Big Sisters. In July 2010, Courtney was selected as a “40 Under 40” winner by the Gulf Coast Business Review. This program recognizes inspiring business professionals from Tampa to Naples, Florida. In addition, Courtney was chosen as a Young Professional of the Year finalist in May 2010.
The award-winning business magazine, Biz941, selected Courtney as one of the 2009 “People to Watch,” a yearly program that highlights rising business people and movers and shakers who are doing something new and innovative in the Sarasota business world. Courtney was chosen based on her insight and vision for the future of geriatric care management. Courtney is helping to propel Take Care Advisor to the forefront of health care integration.
Courtney received a Master of Science in Gerontology degree from the University of Southern California’s Davis School of Gerontology in Los Angeles, California. She previously worked for the L.I.F.E. Program and completed field work by providing information, referrals, and care management services for older adults at the Freda Mohr Multipurpose Senior Center in the Fairfax District of Los Angeles.
Courtney formerly worked for a private duty geriatric care management company in Pasadena, California assessing client needs in conjunction with clients and/or family, physicians, and ancillary health care providers. Prior to her graduate studies, Courtney graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing and a minor in Gerontology. Courtney grew up in Sarasota, Florida and moved back from Los Angeles to join the Take Care Advisor team.
Awards & Accolades:
- Gulf Coast Business Review 2010 “40 Under 40” winner
- Frank G. Berlin, Sr. Small Business Award 2010 “Young Professional of the Year” Finalist
- Biz941 “25 People to Watch” 2009
- Leighton E. Cluff Award for Aging Research (University of Florida)
- Sarasota Young Professional Group Volunteer Chair (2010-2011)
Speaking & Community Opportunities:
- Speaker for the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee and the US Department of Labor Women’s Bureau “HerStory” event (April 2011)