This is part of the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee’s 2nd Annual Girls Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Summit (S.T.E.M). The program is to educate and inform the middle school girls about the exciting careers in science, technology, engineering, and math. More than 200 middle school girls are expected to attend.
Panel speakers include:
Dr. Fiona Crawford (Roskamp Institute) on research
Mary Forristall (President, Forristall Enterprises, Inc.) on construction
Susanne S. Wise, RN, MBA (Take Care Home Health) on nursing
Dr. Anne Chauvet (Veterinary Neurologist) on medicine
LaShawn Houston (Assistant Principal, Booker Middle School)
Details of the program:
Date & Time: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 8:45 am to 3 pm
Location: University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee
- Free event for Middle School Girls ages 11-14.
- Hands on activities, panels of speakers, breakout sessions and more. Lunch included.
- A parent workshop will be available at the end of the summit.
- Participation is limited and on a first come, first served basis. Registration deadline is April 30.
- To register, email
- For more information, contact Pam Gleason at 941-359-4603.